Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Green Tea Cupcake


The most important thing I learned in making cupcakes is this: you got to have the best vanilla cupcake recipe, and you can transform that into anything you want it to be. I forgot which TV show I heard this from.. and I have to say that it is quite true.

Take this Green Tea cupcake. I just added a few teaspoons of Matcha powder and voila! I had yummy cupcakes with a hint of green tea flavor. The secret is using a really good powder. I bought mine from Konbini in Greenhills (is that the name?) It is a special Japanese food store and you can get all sorts of Japanese ingredients there. I even saw the Green Tea Kitkat.

Which reminds me, I think I need a new camera. The cupcake shots that are really nice were taken by either my boyfriend or boyfriend's dad who has a very nice SLR camera. Then we just did a bit of minor editing in Photoshop (which is the best darn software in the world!) But on cupcake orders, I just use my obsolete ixus camera with 4.0 megapixels. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment