Thursday, May 27, 2010

Coffee and Me

I love coffee. I love the smell, the feeling when you drink it and the warmth beneath my fingers as I clutch my cup. Too bad I can't enjoy all kinds of coffee to the fullest since I get jittery when I drink the smallest dose of caffeine. Thank God for decaf. :) But of course, I still love my coffee, so I had to find a way to satisfy that craving without the full effect of caffeine.

Enter espresso cupcakes. What I had in mind for this cupcake was something very similar to Tiramisu, I dessert which I just adore. A spongey coffee cake, soaked with a little bit of Kahlua or Rhum added to sweetened espresso, topped with a tangy cream cheese and shaved chocolate, chocolate chips or dusted with cocoa powder and I am in heaven. Yum. Nothing beats that to perk you up when you're feeling sluggish. Like how I am feeling today.

I am still feeling a little bit floozy from all the medicine I have ingested in a span of 24 hours. I am still trying to beat out this cold and cough and my abs are all worked out from coughing. My muscles are kind of sore. This proves the amount of exercise I have been having. The smallest movement to my muscles have made them sore. Haha. It is a wonder that my muscles have not atrophied from disuse. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment